Monday, July 26, 2010

DA BOM Update

Okay, I'm finished with my twelve blocks of the month. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this!
I think this is my favorite block. It's pretty, and it was very tricky to sew. I would like to have a conversation with all the crazy ladies that came up with all the different designs. They are remarkably talented.

Now I'm on to the sashing, borders, and backing - my plan is to be finished by the end of the week. Wanna know the first step of the sashing process? Cut (192) 2" squares. Yes, that's right, one hundred ninety-two! I read the directions twice and called my quilt guru (Nicke) to confirm that the (192) wasn't a typo. I still can't believe it - 192, huh. Too bad Ben and Jake don't have thumbs; I would put them to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment