Friday, September 17, 2010

Ben LOVES Green Beans

A couple weekends ago, Darin and I spent a couple days pickling and canning green beans. I didn't want to just toss all the green bean ends, so I decided to see if Ben would eat them. Ben will eat pretty much anything, so I don't know why I was surprised that he loves green beans, too. Since he liked them so much, and they're low fat (and Ben's watching his weight), I decided to boil a bunch and give them to him with his regular food for dinner. Seemed like a pretty good idea to me...what could go wrong?
Bad, bad, bad idea. Wow - as it turns out, green beans do not like Ben - at all. He must have farted 1,000 times that night. I think Darin and I escaped death by asphyxiation by only the thinnest of margins. It was so ridiculous that it ended up being really hilarious, too. Guess what, I can hold my breath for 30 seconds without passing out! I'm thinking that a real compost bin, other than Ben, is in our future.
Does Jake like green beans? Well, of course he doesn't! So while Ben farted us of of the house, Jake was busy as usual with perimeter control in the backyard.
You just never know when a group of those pesky quail, a snake, stink bug, or who knows what else will have the nerve to sneak into the backyard. Luckily, Jake's always on the job!

1 comment:

  1. he must be related to Pernell! i am proud that you can hold your breath for so long though!

    ReplyDelete