Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday Quilt

I really find quilting to be quite relaxing. I just kind of zone out, get in a groove, and cut, sew and iron fabric. One word of caution though - I have found that too much red wine can cause seriously crooked blocks. So, it's best to groove a bit, but not too much.

After the top and borders are finished, and the quilting is done, it's time for the binding. I really don't like binding. Drives me nuts - even more than usual. So - my awesome quilting sister, Nicke, took over to bind my most recent quilt by HAND. She's such a domestic diva. The results are fantastic. She added the thin, red border in the shot below.The quilt is Jacqi's Christmas present from Darin and I (and Ben and Jake, of course). And now, the quilt is also Jacqi's Happy Birthday present from Nicke, Spencer, and Sara. Nicke's shipping it to Jacqi today, so she will have it by her birthday (this Friday). I happen to think it's very cool that the quilt was passed between two sisters, and I think Jacqi will love it. Here's the finished quilt photo complete with Spencer's socks (see bottom of quilt). Now that I have the quilt/sock picture, it's official, the quilt is finished. Thanks, Nicke (and Spence)!

1 comment: